Dark Sabre Moving Magnet Cartridge
Dark Sabre is a significant step up from the Sabre moving magnet cartridge.
2 years and extended to 3 years with registration
Introducing a revolutionary new level of musical clarity and definition. Dark Sabre builds on the success of its sister cartridge with an all-new fixing formation, single piece chassis and steeper profile for vastly optimised weight distribution and surface traction. Along with its micro-elliptical nude diamond stylus and telescopic cantilever, Dark Sabre sits among the most cutting-edge moving magnet cartridges available today.
Transformational design, stunning reproduction
Dark Sabre builds on the successes of its much-loved sister cartridge, Sabre, whilst simultaneously introducing a revolutionary new level of musical clarity and definition never before experienced in a moving magnet design.
Both Sabre and Dark Sabre share the same generator, but a new fixing technique and cartridge profile in Dark Sabre has allowed for a profound performance improvement on its older sibling. A quad point screw formation on a newly designed, single-piece aluminium chassis allows Dark Sabre to distribute its weight much more evenly and effectively. To complement this new design, Dark Sabre employs a steeper cartridge profile, resulting in a much more consistent contact with the vinyl surface.
The design improvements don’t stop there. With Dark Sabre, we’ve further elevated the product specifications by employing the same nude diamond micro-elliptical stylus and telescopic cantilever found in XtraX. It all adds up to make Dark Sabre one of the most forward-thinking and cutting edge moving magnet cartridges ever built. The effect on your music is remarkable – producing a depth of musical clarity and accuracy the likes of which we’ve never heard from a MM cartridge.
- Aluminium alloy body CNC precision machined from solid then hard anodised black.
- The low-mass generator utilises an Alnico magnet with a low-mass cross coil made of pure virgin copper wires.
- The low-mass generator is mounted into the high-mass body using a Quad-Point Contact with Four Stainless’ Spike’ Screws for optimum support and control of unwanted mechanical vibrations.
- The body is mass-tuned to the generator for optimum support of unwanted energy transfer.
- The telescopic aluminium tube cantilever utilising two different aluminium materials – maximises stiffness without a massive high Q peak.
- Nude Micro Elliptical single crystal diamond stylus tip for maximum tracking ability without compromising the high-frequency response or increasing surface noise.
- Square shank diamond assembly maximises alignment precision, consistency, and rigidity.
- Alignment ridge on the front top that assists mounting Sabre to any Vertere tonearm.
- Three specifically designed contact points CNC machined into the top of the body that provide the exact mechanical coupling required.
- Wideband frequency response of below 14Hz to above 28kHz
- Output of 4.3mV will provide a lifelike dynamic range with depth and precision.
Moving Magnet Phono Cartridge
4.3mV (@1kHz, 5cm/sec.)
Recommended Input Load
Recommended Tracking Weight
2.0g (1.9g – 2.1g)
14Hz – 28kHz
1Ω , @ 1kHz
10 x 10-6 cm/dyne
Mounting To Stylus
Headshell To Stylus
Nude | Micro Eliptical Diamond
(7.5 × 15.5 um)
Aluminium – Telescopic
Special Vertere Tri-point
M2.5 Threaded Fixing Holes
Special Quad-Point Contact
Four Stainless ‘Spike’ Screws