ZEN Mk3 Music Server
The ZEN Mk3 provides another leap in sound quality compared to the ZENmini with its integrated dual-linear PSU, isolated dual-ethernet ports and asymmetrical anti-vibration feet.
The ZEN Mk3 represents tremendous value in digital audio performance.
- New Custom Motherboard with reduced EMI
- Dual Ethernet Ports for LAN and Streamer with dedicated isolation transformers
- Dual-Linear Power Supply with ultra-low noise regulators and Nichicon MUSE Capacitors
- 8GB RAM with 4GB In-Memory playback
- Asymmetrical isolation feet
- Ultra-low Noise USB Audio Output
- Can be used as Roon Core (Optional)
- New Generation Quad-core Intel CPU
- Medical-Grade Mains Filter
Controlled via Innuos Sense App
Managing your music should never get in the way of listening to your music – it should complement the experience. The Innuos Sense app is a powerful music management tool that works the way you do – it is made to help you manage, organise and play your music and navigate streaming services with ease. Sense is available as a free download, and tightly integrates with high-end online music services and our innuOS Operating System to deliver optimal music playback with the following features:
- Seamless and automatic ripping of CDs on Innuos music servers.
- Qobuz and TIDAL integration including Artist Bios, Related Artists, Top Tracks and more.
- Management of Qobuz and TIDAL albums together with albums stored on a Network Attached Storage (NAS) for a unified Music Library
- Internet Radio with easy pre-set creation
- Radio Paradise, a popular music stream
- Fast, Integrated searches through internet radio, streaming services and music on a NAS
- Easy creation of playlists from multiple streaming services and music on a NAS
- Curated and configurable Smart Mixes based on your music
- Home Screen widgets allow you to customize and access your favourite features at the touch of a button
Dual-Linear Power Supply
The ZEN ensures a cleaner digital signal by reducing power noise. Through a dual-linear power supply, designed by Dr. Sean Jacobs, with ultra-low noise regulator design, Nichicon MUSE Capacitors and medical-grade mains filter, your music opens up and reveals new levels of realism.
Their own custom-made Innuos motherboard is completely reworked for optimised audio performance. Sources of EMI have been removed and internal clocks optimised, resulting in a “blacker” music background and enhanced realism.
Ultra-low Noise Streamer Output
Dual-ethernet ports with isolation transformers provide an ultra-low noise network connection for your streamer, removing noise from the path and improving sound quality on all network audio.
New asymmetrical isolation feet derived from our award-winning ZENith SE plus added chassis treatment help to combat harmful vibration that affect a clean audio signal.
Now with twice the memory of the Zen Mk2, the Zen MK3 has 8GB RAM with 4GB dedicated memory. Music is loaded directly to memory for playback so that it doesn’t engage the hard drive, improving sound quality.
MQA Core Decoding
ZEN supports MQA Core Software Decoding, which means you can playback MQA audio files and streams, delivering the sound of the original master recording. MQA Core software decoding is provided free of charge and enables streaming and playback of MQA files up to 24bit/96 kHz for non-MQA DACs and up to 24bit/384 kHz for MQA Renderer/Decoder DACs. ZENith can also passthrough MQA files to MQA Full Decoder DACs.
USB 2.0 supporting USB Audio Class 2, DoP, Native DSD and MQA
Dedicated Ethernet Streamer Port
2 x rear panel RJ45 – Bridged Gigabit Ethernet
1x USB 2.0 (DAC), 1x USB 3.0 (Backup)
CD, CD-R, CD-RW
Audio format for stored CDs
FLAC (zero compression), WAV
Audio Formats Supported for streaming and playing
WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, AAC, MP3, MQA (with supported DACs)
44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4KHz. 192kHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz , DSD64, DSD128, Native DSD up to DSD512 on selected DACs
16bit, 24bit, 32bit
User Control Interfaces
Modern Web Browsers from iOS, Android, Windows and Mac OS
Innuos Sense App (iOS/Android/Kindle Fire)
TEAC Slot-loading drive
1TB, 2TB or 4TB WD Red HDD
Intel Quad Core N4200
8GB DDR3 Low-Voltage RAM (4GB Dedicated for RAM Playback)
Streaming and CD Storage
Integrated UPnP Server
Internet Radio, Qobuz, Radio Paradise, Tidal
Roon Core and Roon Endpoint
Average CD Storage Time
FreeDB, MusicBrainz, Discogs, GD3
Compatible Music Systems
Sonos Multi-room Wireless Music System
DLNA/UPnP compatible devices
USB DACs complying to USB Audio Class 2
USB DACs supporting DSD over DoP protocol
Selected USB DACs supporting Native DSD
Internet connection to access Internet Radio, Streaming Services and software updates
Network router with at least one available ethernet port
Premium subscription required for some streaming services such as Spotify, Qobuz and TIDAL
230V AC / 115V AC – Internal Linear Power Supply
Power Consumption (Idle)
Power Consumption (Peak) Standalone mode
420mm x 340mm x 83mm (W x D x H)