XtraX Moving Coil Cartridge
The new flagship moving coil cartridge from Vertere.
2 years and extended to 3 years with registration
Representing a major leap forward in moving coil cartridge design, XtraX defies expectation at every level – from its nude diamond micro-elliptical stylus and telescopic cantilever, to its single-piece aluminium chassis and four-point generator fixing. XtraX achieves previously unattainable levels of musical connection, presence, and jaw dropping harmonic definition, bringing your music to life like never before.
The new pinnacle for cartridge design
The XtraX represents a significant leap forward in the design development of Vertere cartridges – the most sonically impressive moving coil cartridge we’ve ever produced. Internally, the XtraX features a brand new micro-elliptical stylus, toolled from solid, nude diamond and fitted to a telescopic cantilever for ever more precise control. In order to match the rich refinement of these new internal components, the XtraX outer shell has been completely re-optimised and re-designed from the ground up, and machined from a single piece of aluminium. XtraX ‘floats’ its generator at four fixing points that are precisely calibrated for peak performance, and an alignment ridge perfectly matches XtraX with the tone arm.
The result is, truthfully, jaw-dropping. XtraX has reached a previously unachieved level of musical connection and presence, with a vastly elevated and more clearly defined harmonic structure. The XtraX makes your music feel truly and almost completely alive – as if you’re listening to the final take from behind the studio glass, or sat metres from the live performance. Even in the competitive realms of moving coil cartridge design, we believe XtraX comfortably sits amongst the most technically and musically proficient MC cartridges ever created.
- The body is precision CNC machined from solid aluminium alloy and hard anodised.
- Threaded body to accept the supplied stainless steel thumb screws for correct coupling of the cartridge body to the tonearm head shell.
- Three specifically designed contact points CNC machined into the top of the body that provide the exact mechanical coupling required.
- Alignment ridge on the front top that assists mounting XtraX to any Vertere tonearm.
- The low-mass generator utilises a Samarium-Cobalt magnet with a low-mass cross coil made of pure virgin copper wires.
- The low-mass generator is mounted into the high-mass body using a Quad-Point Contact with Four Stainless’ Spike’ Screws for optimum support and control of unwanted mechanical vibrations.
- The telescopic aluminium tube cantilever utilising two different aluminium materials – maximises stiffness without a massive high Q peak.
- Nude Micro Elliptical single crystal diamond stylus tip for maximum tracking ability without compromising the high-frequency response or increasing surface noise.
- Square shank diamond assembly maximises alignment precision, consistency and rigidity.
- Wideband frequency response of below 10Hz to 45kHz.
- Output of 0.45mV will provide a lifelike dynamic range with depth and precision.
Moving Coil Phono Cartridge
0.45mV (@ 5cm/sec.)
Recommended Input Load
850Ω – 1k5Ω
OpF – Max. 470pF
Recommended Tracking Weight
2.05g (1.90g – 2.10g)
10Hz – 45kHz
12 × 10-6 cm/dyne
Mounting To Stylus
Headshell To Stylus
Nude | Micro Eliptical Diamond
(7.5 × 15.5 um)
Aluminium – Telescopic
Special Vertere Tri-point
M2.5 Threaded Fixing Holes
Special Quad-Point Contact
Four Stainless ‘Spike’ Screws