Arko delivers a marked step up in performance over its predecessor. It has immediately established itself as a prodigious upgrade ideal for Akito, Krane, original Ekos, and Ittok owners.
With Arko, Linn has returned to fundamentals, by removing all bar the mission-critical elements of tonearm design, boiling these down to their essence, and then honing what was left to superlative standards. Perfectly poised and rigorously reﬁned, Arko is effortful simplicity.
The materials chosen for a tonearm’s construction are directly responsible for its resonant behaviour, and are therefore accountable for its audio performance.
Special care and effort was taken to ensure that 7075-grade aluminium would be used exclusively throughout the arm wand assembly – from headshell to gimbal – with the resultant material synergy and coupling effectively banishing undesirable resonances away from the delicate generator, and out through the sub-chassis.
Marry Arko to its perfect partner, Linn’s aluminium-bodied Kendo moving coil cartridge, and this energy transfer is improved yet further.
Arko boasts an ultra-stable gimbal platform which facilitates superb bearing concentricity and alignment. Its arm wand travels in space with minimum hindrance; the afﬁxed cartridge bobs and moves with the warps and grooves of the record, with ﬁnesse and ﬂuidity.
The clean, consistent, and congruous ﬁt and ﬁnish of Arko renders it a thing of beauty. With a mixture of arrow-straight lines and curvaceous undulations, the eye is drawn to the ﬁne lines of the electroformed aluminium Linn badge – proudly yet subtly declaring this tonearm’s provenance.
- 7075-grade aluminium used throughout arm wand, to produce superb resonant behaviour
- Machined headshell with weight reduction pockets for increased agility
- Cold-drawn 7075 aluminium arm tube produced to exceedingly high tolerances and accuracy
- Gimballed design results in improved depth, impact, and emotion
- Machined stainless-steel counterweight with concave face decreases arm wand inertia
- Single piece, polished, stainless-steel through-spindle for improved alignment and stability